Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Hmmmm...

Well, as for my last post, after complaints, I wanted to point out that I was thanking Hasbro for not releasing Swoop in green and blue, or Grimlock in yellow and green. Anyhow, today is gonna be something easy, for the technologically challenged who are afraid of lists, just click here. No tricks, no lists, no tough questions.

Anyhow, recently I got Homeworld 2 for the PC. Actually, I also got it for the Mac, but that's a story in and of itself. Anyhow, after a couple hours of work, I got it to work off the HDD instead of a CD, and I've been playing it for the past couple days. First off, this game is hard. Ship combat in a full 3D space, with the mutable enemy fleet arranged to give you a disadvantage at all times. I only beat two levels. But then I cheated, gave myself way more resources than I needed, and two of a very special ship called Sajuuk. Now my fleet is massive! Not invincible, mind you. Yesterday I blundered into a massive ambush and lost one of my Sajuuks, but when I re-did that mission from more of a defensive position, I did okay. Anyhow, this G-Vid shows some of what HW2 is about. Also, this other group did some stuff on HW2, here is parts one, two, and three of their video about various ships in the armada. That game looks REALLY cool when played at x2 speed!

No comments: