Sunday, February 05, 2006

Yay for BitTorrent!!

Today, my appreciation of BitTorrent was cemented. I spent the last three days downloading The Conquerer of Shambala, the Fullmetal Alchemist movie. I got hooked on FMA some time ago when it started showing on Cartoon Network with Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Now I have all the way up through volume 7 of the US release DVDs, but I've already seen the fansubs that came out some time ago. Now I have a fansub of the movie, and the subs are kinda tweaky at times, are missing from a few lines, and there's this one part where the subs start showing lines from about 30 minutes previously, and then continue through till they catch up with the movie, about ten minutes later. Regardless, the movie is totally cool, and even kind of leaves it open for another movie, though it wouldn't be a story that is critical to the story. Everything wraps up well, though not quite in the way you would expect. Anyhow, anyone who hasn't seen Fullmetal Alchemist, you need to see it. This is one of my favorite animes of all time, and my new standard for gateway anime. (Funny, since I am typing on a Gateway now, though I hate it. I am a Mac man!)

No comments: