Friday, June 20, 2008

New information on GT-R Alternity

Information scalped from TFW2005, who in turn got it from some site called Bo-Ya.

The Alternity figure I liked so much is confirmed to be 1/32 scale, contain diecast, and will be Prime. Also it's coming in two colors, red and silver. I'm thinking that this will be something along the lines of the BT-08 Meister figure, which came in white and red. White because that's the color Meister (Jazz) is supposed to be, and red because Mazda wanted it in the RX-8's trademark color. I'm sure this is the same. The red color will most likely have blue robot parts to make some semblance of Prime's classic color scheme, and then there will be the silver color, which is to appease Nissan. I'm debating whether I want to get the red version, because a deluxe scale Prime could be oh so useful to me, or if I want to get the silver version, because there are so many Primes everywhere anyhow, and it'd be nice to have this mold and pretend it's a different character. Anyhow, the diecast is another thing for me. I don't have a problem with diecast, it's just not my favorite thing, and I certainly don't think it's necessary at all. It adds kind of a nice weight to the figure, but diecast chips and scratches so easily. If we get a US release of this like we did with the Alternators, I'd pick that up for sure.

Anyhow, I'm still gonna probably post the rest of the Toy Show report today, so look forward to it!

No comments: