Friday, July 28, 2006

This is insane.....

So, today is the first day of the hydroplane races here in the Tri-Cities. In between heats, there is also an airshow that goes on. The last few years we've had a local F/A-18 flying around, thrilling the spectators and pissing off the neighbors. So, I got online to find some sweet airplane videos. I think I got what I wanted.

First up, this insane story, of an F-15 pilot who suffered a midair collision, the worst possible accident for a pilot, yet managed to make it home. Wait till you see how he did it.

Next, we have another airborne disaster, where a YF-22 makes an emergency landing without it 's landing gears. Despite what the title of the video says, this is indeed a prototype YF-22 and not a production version, as you can see from the shape of the rear elevators. (hope I got my terminology right....)

Now, for some positive stuff. A couple of promotional videos made by Lockheed Martin about the F-22. Good golly, that plane is so hot!

A cool video about the JSF F-35 "Lightning II"

What appears to be an oldie but a goodie, some SR-71 footage. Looks good!

And lastly, another F-22 montage.

No comments: